Here are 5 OWCP tips for injured federal workers:

  1. Report your injury to your supervisor as soon as possible. This is important for both medical and legal reasons. You will need to provide your supervisor with a written notice of your injury within 30 days of the date of injury.
  2. Seek medical attention right away. Even if your injury seems minor, it is important to see a DOL doctor to get it checked out. The doctor will be able to diagnose your injury and recommend treatment.
  3. File a claim with OWCP. You can file a claim online at the OWCP website or by mail. You will need to provide information about your injury, your medical treatment, and your lost wages.
  4. Be prepared to provide documentation. OWCP will need to see documentation to support your claim. This may include medical records, your supervisor’s written notice of your injury, and any other relevant documents.
  5. Be patient. The OWCP claims process can take some time. Be patient and follow up with OWCP as needed.

Here are some additional tips:

  • Keep a copy of all your medical records and other documentation related to your injury.
  • Get help from a union representative or an attorney if you need it.
  • Don’t be afraid to ask questions. The OWCP staff is there to help you.